Saturday, May 5, 2012

I Ain't No Dummy

Let's see...The overall health of Americans has been improving over the years.  And, with the advent of automation and high tech robotics, fewer and fewer jobs require a great deal of physical exertion.  But, since mid-2010, precisely the time millions of US citizens used up all of their 99 weeks of unemployment insurance, disability claims have risen by 2.2 million.  


Now...I'm quite sure there are people out there receiving SSI disability checks that are really disabled.  But, I'm just as sure there's a whole lot of people out there also getting benefits and their only disability is between the ears (which you can't see because their butts are hiding their heads).




P.S.  All those people on disability (legit or otherwise) are not counted in the workforce and are not considered unemployed.


I may look like a dummy, act like a dummy and quack like a dummy, but I ain't.

Thank you "Mish" and James.

No comments: