Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Father Knows Best

A Conversation With God

Me...God, can I ask you a question?
God...Sure.

Me...Promise you won't get mad?
God...I Promise.

Me...Nothing went right today.  Why did you let so much bad stuff happen to me?
God...What do you mean?





Me...Well, I woke up late.
God...Yes you did.  The death angel was at your bed this morning and I had to send one of my angels to battle him for your life.  So I let you sleep through that.
Me (humbled)...Oh.

Me...My car took forever to start.
God...I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that would have hit you if you were on the road.
Me (ashamed)

Me...At lunch they made my sandwich wrong and I had to wait.
God...The first person who made your sandwich was sick and I didn't want you to catch what they had.  I knew you you couldn't afford to miss work.
Me (embarrasses)...Okay.

Me...On the way home my phone went dead just as I was answering a call.
God...Your phone went dead because the person calling was going to give false witness about what you said on that call.  So I didn't even let you talk with them to begin with.
Me (softly)...I see.

Me...I'm sorry God.
God...Don't be sorry.  Just learn to trust me in all things, the good and the bad.  And remember, my plan for your day is always better than your plan.

No comments: