Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Warm Thank You


This is for all you folks (me included) who kick up the thermostat on these cold mornings and never give a thought to saying thank you to the people who make it possible for you and me to be toasty warm at the flick of a switch.  This is a picture I took this morning of the John E. Amos power plant down the road from where we live.  As you can see from the water vapor rising from all three cooling towers the plant is running flat out generating electricity so that we can all be comfortable.  One of the managers of this facility lives a couple houses down the street from us and I'm going to tell him thanks next time I run into him.  If you know someone who works here, or at a similar facility, tell them "thank you" next time you see them.

Even if you don't live near here, just remember; the electricity from this facility is fed into the grid and, in a round about way, helps keep all our butts warm on these cold days.     

No comments: