Friday, August 3, 2012

Idiot

                    This is a chair.                                                                                                                                                               
That's all right. Go ahead and call me an idiot.  That's the subject of this posting.  But I kid you not.  This is a chair invented by a guy by the name of Kunzler and it's called a "LimbIC".  Here is a portion of the article describing Mr. Kunzler's reason for inventing this "chair"...






Why does furniture force us to sit still? Dr. Patrik Künzler believes chairs should instead encourage small but constant motions that are good for the body. He spent six years developing a product to challenge the convention that a comfortable chair should have a flat seat and a back.  The longest Künzler has sat in one is 16 hours, including getting up to eat and use the restroom.  The $8,500 LimbIC chair, released in 2011, incorporates ergonomics and neuroscience to stimulate not just the body, but also the emotions. 


My idiot opinions...


1.  Idiot...Furniture does not force people to sit still.  People force people to sit still.  Have you ever seen a two-year-old sit still in a chair for more than ten seconds because the chair made him do it?


2.  Idiot...I'm gonna pay $8,500 for a chair that "encourages constant motion"?  I don't think so.  When I sit down, it's usually because I'm tired of standing up and I want to sit down and rest.


3.  Idiot...Would anyone please let me know the last time they sat in a chair for sixteen hours?


4.  Idiot...I'm a 66 year old heart attack survivor and I should own a chair that "stimulates not just the body, but also the emotions"?  I don't even want to think about it.  I'd be a dead idiot.


5.  And finally.  Do you really think this looks comfortable...


     

No comments: