Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Deja Vu


Forty years ago The President of the United States and his White House staff thought they could intimidate the Washington Post and its reporters.  If my memory serves me correctly it had something to do with a burglary at the Watergate Hotel in Washington, DC.  I think I also remember it didn't work out too well for all the presidents men and even the president himself.

I think it was Lawrence Peter Berra who said, "It's deja vu all over again".  Well, one of the reporters back then was a guy named "Woodward" and lately it sure does sound like deja vu all over again. 

Oh, and one more thing.  When Mr. Woodward uses the phrase "kind of madness I haven't seen in a long time"?  I wonder if he means, "forty years ago"



Inspired by "Politico"

No comments: