Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Comments

Our daughter in Tennessee who has five children called yesterday evening and informed us she is going to have another baby next spring.  After I hung up the phone I began my usual routine of calling family members and telling them the news.  I have done this with the birth of all our grand children and since I have a sizable extended family it takes several phone calls up and down the east coast to get the word out.  Once all the phone calls were made I sat back and reflected on all the many calls made in the past going back some seventeen years now.  I tried doing the math but six times a lot of relatives made my head ache.

Anyway, I remember when I called everyone about our daughter's first pregnancy the common reply I heard when I announced the news was...


When I called and announced the second pregnancy the common reply was... 
   

When I called and announced the third pregnancy the common reply was...


When I called and announced the fourth pregnancy the common reply was...


When I called and announced the fifth pregnancy the common reply was...


Then, when I called last evening and announced the sixth pregnancy the common reply was...

No comments: