Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A Voice From Heaven

A Jewish businessman in Chicago sent his son to Israel for a year to absorb the culture. When the son returned, he said, Papa, I had a great time in Israel.  By the way, I converted to Christianity."






"Oy vey", said the father.  "What have I done?"


He took his problem to his best friend.  "Ike", he said, "I sent my son to Israel, and he came home a Christian.  What can I do?"


"Funny you should ask," said Ike.  "I too, sent my son to Israel, and he also came home a Christian.  Perhaps we should go see the rabbi."


So they did, and they explained their problem to the rabbi.  "Funny you should ask," said the rabbi.  "I, too, sent my son to Israel, and he also came home a Christian.  What is happening to our young people?  Perhaps we should go talk to God and ask him what to do?"


So, the three of them prayed and explained what had happened to their sons and asked God what to do.


Suddenly a loud voice from Heaven said to them, "Funny you should ask..."  


Inspired by "Abundant Life Today"

No comments: