Saturday, July 21, 2012

Over And Over And Over


    

Listen to the politicians and pundits and they'll tell you life as we know it is about to come to an end.  If the collapse of the world economy doesn't get us then the change in global climate will.  Yup, one way or another the world is gonna come to an end and it doesn't have anything to do with the Mayan calendar.


Well, I got news for ya, we're a lot better off these days than forty or fifty years ago.  How soon we forget that back during the days of the Cold War the Premier of the Soviet Union and the President of the United States had their respective fingers on their respective intercontinental ballistic missiles' launch buttons and were ready to blow the whole world to smithereens a thousand times over.  In other words, nowadays the world may come to an end once, but back when I was a kid it would have come to an end over and over and over.


Are you starting to get my drift.  Today's problems are a piece of cake compared to back then.  So as far as I'm concerned, I'm a lot better off than I was fifty years ago and I'm definitely better off than I was five cups ago...





















Doggone It.  That "better off" feeling I just had didn't last long...



Inspired by "Like Cool" and "The Denver Post" 

No comments: